[NTLK] Flashing a Lucent Wavelan Silver card to upgrade it to Gold

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Mon Feb 15 12:29:31 EST 2010

Rick:

I too can confirm that the WaveLAN Gold card has only WEP...better encryption, as was mentioned before (Silver was 64 bit, Gold is 128 bit).

There's more here...  http://drvlabo.jp/old/eng/newtwave.htm

That's the Noguchi website that works...It's listed many places but those pages are dead links. It's full of great information...for example: the card (as he tested) works with or without WEP.

I have it working with 128 bit WEP and without...I can't get it to work without DHCP, but that's of little concern for me as long as DHCP works.

Thanks,
--Forrest