[NTLK] Public WiFi

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Wed Feb 17 12:27:19 EST 2010

Thanks to all who gave me some good ideas on finding SSIDs for public WiFi hotspots, so I could log on with my MP2100...but respectfully the idea of carrying around a hotspot sniffer any larger than a keychain device is kind of not what I'm looking for.

That very keychain device mentioned previously (that has been sadly discontinued) was a great idea, from a size perspective...anything bigger than that and I might as well carry my iPAQ rx3715 with me...it's about half the size of a MP2100, I can find and access WiFi from it (it lists available WiFi access points), etc.

More information is here: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11960_na/11960_na.HTML

It's a great little device...despite its Windows Mobile 2003 OS and non-HWR capabilities...but why carry two? Performance-wise, it's all over the Newton--plays music, it's small and compact, has a full color screen...but I'll take the MP any day.

Thanks for all the help, though.
--Forrest