[NTLK] What does everyone use their MessagePads and eMates for these days?

Gene Beaird bgbeaird at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 3 17:50:40 EST 2010

2010 patching!!  :-D

We use ours for note-taking at races.  We note weather information,
track information and our times.  It helps when we run a course layout
we've run before, or are running a different set of tires.  I'd do
this all on my iPhone, but the typing is murder, and you _can't_ see a
iPhone screen in the sunlight, something I'm happy to say is easy to
do on our MP2100s, at least until the heat gets to the screen.  We
keep it in a bag when not in use at the track, and when it's really
hot outside, try to shade the screen from direct sunlight.

It came in quite handy today, as we had a new set of tires in a wider
size than we normally run.  I checked my notes and came up with a tire
pressure setting that was pretty close.

It's amazing to see who recognizes it, and when someone laughs at that
'old' technology, I ask them if they can do this, or this, or this
with their <insert favorite gizmo here>.  They usually shut up at item
number 2.

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas