[NTLK] What does everyone use their MessagePads and eMates for these days?

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Mon Jan 4 05:26:50 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:50 PM, Gene Beaird <bgbeaird at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> We use ours for note-taking at races.  We note weather information,
> track information and our times.  It helps when we run a course layout
> we've run before, or are running a different set of tires.

I have to admit, this is one of the more unusual uses I've seen for
the Newton. ;-)

For myself, since my battery has all but given up its ghost, and I
don't find the expense of recelling it worth it, I use mine primarily
to calculate actual exchange rates for withdrawals from my US bank
accnt in Poland. that's about it nowadays. It's the only tool I've
found that can calculate in a brainless and simple way the actual
exchange rate, based on the two sides of the equation. I've never
found anything like it any place else. Oh, and I have some odd notes
and addresses that have somehow never found their way over to my other
computers that I look up on my Newton. Oh, and some books I still read
there--FOTR and HHG2G series...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland