[NTLK] To keep or not

Mike Rodgers pmiker at copper.net
Tue Jan 5 20:51:31 EST 2010

The PDA Concepts is nice.  It has slots, pockets, a harness, pen holders
and more.  Mine looks full most likely due to the keyboard kept in the
outer pocket.  I do not use it as a wallet/purse.

I have NS Basic and a book 'Programming For the Newton'.  I also have
the NTK somewhere.  I am familiar with programming and have had a class
in C++ a few years ago that I aced but I am not a programmer.  I have
never done it for a living and have been told I'm too old to ever get
good at it.  I have worked with programmers for a long time before my
layoff.  I guess some of it rubbed off on me.

I cannot communicate between my current PC and the Newton, no serial
port and it's too fast for the Newton.  I am working on rebuilding a
Pentium II 400Mhz PC with Windows 98.  I also believe that I have a copy
of MS Office 97 around somewhere.  It should be slow enough for the
MessagePad.  Maybe then I can exchange files with QuickFigure Pro.

As for games, I have Lunar Lander, Mahjongg, YAZI for Zork, Leather
Goddesses and more, as well as SubHunt, Birds with Lances (Joust).

I don't read many books since I cannot transfer them to the Newton.  The
ones I have are old public domain ones like Tarzan.

I have a USR Xjack modem (33.6) but dialup is not what it used to be.
It's bad enough on my PC. (No DSL in this area).

Sorry this got so long.
Mike