[NTLK] MP 2100 time and date

Gary Dunn osp at aloha.com
Wed Jan 6 17:10:00 EST 2010

Happy New Year, everyone!

I have a problem with my MP 2100 time and date. Both my rechargeable battery packs have died so I use AA alkalines. When I power it on after sitting a few hours it complains about the battery having gone dead, despite Avi's Backdrop charge indicator showing a healthy value. Half the time it does a soft reset -- "bling" and a run-through of installed apps.

Last year I just lived with it but in 2010 the behavior has changed. After a reset the time and date are way off -- several years in the past -- and it takes a lot of tapping to fix.

Last year I installed Patch 71j059. This not freeze, more like a battery sensor bug.

Any advice?
--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
osp at aloha.com