[NTLK] h*cks, kr*ks, SN

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Sun Jan 17 11:42:14 EST 2010

Andrei Chichak wrote:
> As someone who writes code for a living, if someone did this to my code without asking, even if it was dormant for a while, I would hunt you down, find out where you live, and send out Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe to go medieval on your a$$.

That would be a pretty arrogant action if 1. you stopped updating it, 2.
no longer responded to email, or didn't publish a valid email address,
etc. The problem is with software for which there is absolutely NO WAY
to do the "right thing". If an author/publisher can't be located, and
later does what you suggest, then I put that down to pure unadulterated
greed. If they still want to be financially compensated, then it is
mandatory that they maintain a valid way to do so.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

Newton MP 2100