[NTLK] [OT] Palm software suggestions

Jim Lee jimlee at centurytel.net
Mon Jan 25 21:44:03 EST 2010

Hmm, that's a bit strange.  I've got over 100 Palm devices, everything
from the original USRobotics model, to Sony Clies, Handspring Visors,
Tapwave Zodiacs, Palm & Handspring Treos, IBM Workpads, some early non-
Treo cell phones, and some vertical-market Palm-based data collectors
and GPS units.  Never once have I found any of them to suffer a
hardware failure, even with the digitizer - every one of them is fully
functional today!  Perhaps I'm just lucky.  I have had to replace the
Li-Ion rechargeables in a few, but I don't consider that a hardware
failure, just end-of-life of a consumable.  I'd bet your digitizer
problems are simply the result of unstable power due to the failing
battery.  You can find cheap (but good quality) Chinese replacement
batteries for every model ever made on eBay for just a few bucks.  The
only Palm device that is a real pain to open is the Palm V/Vx with its
glued aluminum case...

-Jim