[NTLK] [OT] Palm software suggestions

Mike Rodgers pmiker at copper.net
Tue Jan 26 10:04:56 EST 2010

The digitizer problem occurred long before the battery died.  I would
set it, it would work for awhile then when it was next used, it was
mis-calibrated.  I spoke to Palm about it and they said it would have to
be sent in at my expense and repaired.  Since I was laid off and now
work for much less, I could not afford it.  At $25-30 to order a battery
online, it will have to wait a bit.  Oh, I see batteries from 900mah to
1100mah, plus some that look bagged.  Where do you get your batteries?

There were some things on the Palm I wish I had with the Newton.
Avantgo was nice.  I have read that you can connect to the internet via
a serial connection through a PC with an internet connection.  I have
not tried this and am not quite sure how.  Olive Tree's bible software
was nice.  There are limited bible resources for the Newton.  Plus,
being a discontinued device, not much development of new software for
it.  As a PIM, the Newton wins.  I really like MoreInfo as a contact
manager.  I like being able to link employees cards to the company
card.  That way if I forget who does what, I can pull up the company
card and view the links.  (I have a bad memory so the Newton has to help
out.)  Oh yeah, the nice, bright, color screen on the Palm is great.
I'm always trying to find a good light for the Newton.

Mike