[NTLK] [OT] Palm software suggestions

Jim Lee jimlee at centurytel.net
Tue Jan 26 16:20:39 EST 2010

On Jan 26, 2010, at 7:04 AM, Mike Rodgers wrote:

> At $25-30 to order a battery
> online, it will have to wait a bit.  Oh, I see batteries from 900mah
> 1100mah, plus some that look bagged.  Where do you get your batteries?

What model of Palm do you have?  $25-30 is way too much - here's an
example for a Palm m515 - only $3.75 w/$1.99 shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/850mAh-Rechargeable-Battery-For-Palm-M500-M505-M515-PDA_W0QQitemZ370314785235QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item56387b31d3#ht_1831wt_1167

(you may have to cut/paste the link due to length)

> Oh yeah, the nice, bright, color screen on the Palm is great.
> I'm always trying to find a good light for the Newton.

Same here.  That's my only real gripe with the Newton - readability in
low/no light.  The early monochrome Palms were no different, and I had
the same problem with them;  but the later models overcame this and
are a joy to use in low light (if only the screen was a bit bigger...).

Ok, I can hear you guys grumbling in the background:  "enough of these
off-topic threads!"   I'll try to comply.. :-)

-Jim