[NTLK] [OT] Palm software suggestions

Tony Kan tonykan at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jan 26 22:00:53 EST 2010

[snip]
There are limited bible resources for the Newton.  Plus,
being a discontinued device, not much development of new software for
it.
[snip]

One way to get around this is to make up Newton eBooks of reference commentaries
you find useful. Another way is to have a system of notes for creating your own
bible footnotes.

I use a new Note outline for each book of the bible and store them in a folder
called Bible Footnotes.  Then a system of nested bullets gives me chapters and
verses for me to slot in any notes or references to other commentaries.  The
only downside is that they aren't immediately accessible from The Message.

Assist lets me search by keyword but there isn't any way to search by reference
(hmmm... unless I change my numbering system...).

A pity that David Fedor didn't get a chance to complete all the features he
intended before the Newton was discontinued.  Didn't he go on to write MyBible
for Laridian?

I have emailed him a few months ago to ask him if he was interested in releasing
the source code for it but he hasn't replied.

Cheers

Tony