[NTLK] My new serial cable

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Wed Jan 27 09:41:20 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog at gmail.com> wrote:
> To me all that means is that "high tech and advanced" with regard to the
> Newton is about things like design and functionality, rather than raw
> processing performance.

It's worth remembering that in the days of the Newton, 40 meg hard
drives were the norm, and a 4 meg memory card was considered huge.
Granted, but 1997, things had changed somewhat, but still, it was a
far cry from today's standards. I used to sync my Newton in a matter
of minutes (when it was 1.3, and NCK). Trying to download 10 meg of
books is a huge task for any computer of this vintage. I remember
copying my 40 meg of data from one hard drive to another via SCSI, and
it took hours, IIRC.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland