[NTLK] Problem to connect MP 110 to NCU

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Wed Jan 27 10:01:59 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Thick Parasite <thickparasite at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just bought a MP110 (still in the box - never used before) to my TAM,
> using NCU 1.0 and AppleTalk
> No problem to locate TAM on the network, and to initialize a connection.
> Then, NCU automatically proceeds to a backup. After backup is done, NCU
> displays "Disconnecting" and that's it - no more connection between the Mac
> and the MP.

This is because NCU is not the proper app to use with a 110. It's only
purpose in regards to the MP110 is to back up its data into a format
that can be restored to a Newton OS 2 device. That's it. You can back
up, but you cannot then restore, or do anything else.

The application you are looking for is Newton Connection Kit (not
Utilities). It should be findable on unna.org. That's the proper app
for your model, which, I might add, cannot be upgraded beyond either
NOS 1.2 or 1.3.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland