[NTLK] ipad

Bob Carls Dudney kosmicdollop at saber.net
Thu Jan 28 15:01:23 EST 2010

On 28/1/10, Steve Goldberg wrote:

>iPad incredibly useful
>
>Medical - hospital and clinical applications to field applications such as
>construction sites and retail stores.

Excuse me? The only tablets I've seen in such settings have stylus
input. An onscreen keyboard that takes up half the screen is far from
a productivity tool. And docking to its keyboard is clearly meant for
desktop use, not laptop.

>Gamers totally signed up!

Those that don't play top end ones.

>I will take notes, be able to send emails etc to my
>support staff, do research etc - all while taking notes on this puppy.
>So much more convenient than a laptop!

To each his own, of course.

I'm looking forward to hearing how things are going once you're using it.