[NTLK] [ANN] Patch 71J059 - Year 2010 Fix

Eckhart Koeppen lists at 40hz.org
Sun Jan 31 05:18:20 EST 2010

On 31.01.2010, at 11:08, James Wages wrote:

> Today was the first time I restarted my Newton since then.  I was
> shocked to
> see my Newton report Jan. 1, 2008 at 9:00PM upon reboot!  Today is
> January
> 31, 2010 (and I did it at 10:25AM).  So clearly this patch is not
> doing its
> job after all.

James,

without wanting to sound too harsh, I think you seriously need to
adjust your expectations. Creating the patch is *insanely complex and
time consuming*, and a little more respect for what I was able to
achieve with great help from Paul Guyot and Jonathan Kipling Knight
so far is for sure in order. If it were not for the patch, you would
not be able to use your Newton *at all* anymore without jumping
through a lot of hoops.

The bug of the time being lost after a reset will persist until I fix
it. Complaining how the patch is not perfect is in no way motivating
me. The numerous mails and donations from the Newton community
however are great, and I want to thank again everybody who has
supported me.

Eckhart