[NTLK] [ANN] Patch 71J059 - Year 2010 Fix

robinson pereira gaudo1196 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 12:14:24 EST 2010

Koeppen, I have to thank you a lot.
The Patch is great. I just get back to Newton at this month (found one just
like new) and your Patch save me.

But I have to offer you a challenge:
can you - with help of Paul Guyot - develope a PC/MAC software able to read
memory cards (CF, SD) saved on newton?

Thanks!

2010/1/31 Eckhart Koeppen <lists at 40hz.org>

> On 31.01.2010, at 11:08, James Wages wrote:
>
> > Today was the first time I restarted my Newton since then.  I was
> > shocked to
> > see my Newton report Jan. 1, 2008 at 9:00PM upon reboot!  Today is
> > January
> > 31, 2010 (and I did it at 10:25AM).  So clearly this patch is not
> > doing its
> > job after all.
>
> James,
>
> without wanting to sound too harsh, I think you seriously need to
> adjust your expectations. Creating the patch is *insanely complex and
> time consuming*, and a little more respect for what I was able to
> achieve with great help from Paul Guyot and Jonathan Kipling Knight
> so far is for sure in order. If it were not for the patch, you would
> not be able to use your Newton *at all* anymore without jumping
> through a lot of hoops.
>
> The bug of the time being lost after a reset will persist until I fix
> it. Complaining how the patch is not perfect is in no way motivating
> me. The numerous mails and donations from the Newton community
> however are great, and I want to thank again everybody who has
> supported me.
>
> Eckhart

Robinson Pereira
www.souveniriraquiano.blogspot.com