[NTLK] Newton for iPad

Leo Titus LeBron V iamdigitalman at mac.com
Sun Jul 4 18:36:30 EDT 2010

  On 7/4/2010 17:53, David Kendal wrote:
> Unfortunately, emulators are forbidden by Apple on the App Store. The
> only way to do such a thing would be to produce a jailbreak app, which
> in my opinion would not be worth the effort for the tiny audience you
> would be able to target.
>
> I have said before that if I had an Intel Macintosh (it's still
> PowerPC all the way here) then I would jump at the chance to create a
> Newton emulator. However, having given some thought to the potential
> problems that might come up, and having no solution to some of them, I
> think it would be a wasted effort.
>
> That said, I would be very interested in such a project that might be
> created by another person.
>
> — dpk
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Yeah, I would like to have Einstein on my iPod touch too. I just updated
it to 4.0, and there are jailbreaks out there for 4.0 already, but I can
not get the custom restore file I made with pwnage tool to work,
probably because I tried to restore it using iTunes on windows. The iPod
touch is a good evolution of the Newton platform, and I am absolutely in
love with the notes app. It reminds me of the one on Newton. Plus it is
way more portable than my NMP 2000. I would love one of the pocket-able
ones they were working on before it was canceled, but I doubt I could
ever afford a prototype if it came up for sale.