[NTLK] Manybooks.net is interesting

Jim Lee jimlee at centurytel.net
Tue Jun 1 15:08:23 EDT 2010

On Jun 1, 2010, at 6:17 AM, J Caffiney wrote:

> I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.  My opinion was based mostly on my
> dislike of the screen-flicker effect that I've observed on both the Kindle
> and Nook.  I'm not sure if the newest versions of those devices flicker into
> a negative contrast (white text on a black background) every time you turn a
> page, but when I last checked about six months ago they still had that
> distracting effect.  It would drive me crazy with long-term use.

FWIW, I found the opposite to be true.  It was quite shocking to see the "flicker" effect the first few times, but after using the device for a day or two, it becomes completely unnoticed.  I don't even think about it anymore.  Countless others have stated the same.  Remember, E-Ink is still a fledgling technology.  Don't be surprised if Apple uses it in a product when SJ feels that it's "just right"...

-Jim