[NTLK] Using Newton - Simple Pleasures

Gavin Watson gavin83209 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 19:34:37 EDT 2010

On Nov 1, 2010, at 12:39 PM, Forrest Buffenmyer wrote:

> His comments generally were related to the resolution, size and
> usability of an iPad-like device of that size --"(It) isn't
> sufficient to create great tablet apps", he said.
>
> In the next paragraph he makes it clear (without coming out and
> saying it) that there will be no stylii found included with any Mac
> tablets..."There are physical limits on how close uou can put
> elements on a touch screen before users cannot reliably tap, flick
> or pinch them. This is one of the key reasons we think that 10-inch
> screen size is the minimum size required to create great tablet apps."
>
> The entire transcript is found at http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371054,00.asp
>   .

Steve Jobs also said that there would never be video on the iPod and
if I recall correctly that there would never be an Apple tablet.
Aside from that, most apps work perfectly well on 3.5" iPhones and
iPods.  Even if Steve Jobs said that it wouldn't happen, there is a
chance that he will change his mind.