[NTLK] Using Newton - Simple Pleasures

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Nov 2 03:40:15 EDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Gavin Watson <gavin83209 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Steve Jobs also said that there would never be video on the iPod and
> if I recall correctly that there would never be an Apple tablet.
> Aside from that, most apps work perfectly well on 3.5" iPhones and
> iPods.  Even if Steve Jobs said that it wouldn't happen, there is a
> chance that he will change his mind.

Jobs has a pattern of "dissing" things (ereaders?) on very specific
terms. Later Apple produces something that deals with those concerns.
Hence, as you said, once Apple solves the 7" problem to their
satisfaction, you can expect to see one--question is only when.

What actually surprises me is how the competition always responds to
these complaints. They always ignore them, and don't address the
issues Steve brings up, and then, when Apple finally brings out their
product, the competition is one or three steps behind.... You would
think that _somebody_ would wise up eventually!!!

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland