[NTLK] Hello - returning to list & MP 2000 internet question

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Sun Sep 19 00:57:58 EDT 2010

As Tony mentioned you need a dial up service that doesn't require that
you have SSL or log in through an HTTPS site.
Getting rare.
There are a number of newton users that are active and living in Mich.
If I were in your situation I would look at
1)getting a Newton interconnect to pc serial cable see
<http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_37_48>and a
KeyspanUSA-19HS Serial to USB expect $30 on ebay.  This will work with
either Mac or PC.

or

2) Get an ethernet card Wavelan silver $10 on ebay and a few others
work, stay clear of wavelan bronze (if it isn't specified don't
buy)Bronze cards have no level of WEP.   Wired cards are great, no to
cardbus  3Com 589 series seem to work 3CXE589ET on ebay for under
$10.  You will need to get drivers installed.

meeting up with a colleague or borrowing a card with info installed
are the best.

I personally opt for the first choice in order to set up the second.

Good luck
Woody