[NTLK] encrypting works

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Fri Apr 22 16:39:02 EDT 2011

On 4/22/2011 1:29 PM, Grant Hutchinson wrote:

>> One workaround that might be feasible is use works for the data entry,
>> then use route to works to move it to notepad and encrypt it there.
>> But
>> I would still prefer something in works itself.
>
> Integrated encryption would be the best way to go.

Definitely

>> I am surprised that there isn't a package that does this.  The way the
>> packages can share data and route it around, seems odd that no one had
>> added encryption option that works for any package that can use
>> routing.
>
> I'm also surprised that this was never created as an add on to Works.
> I wonder how much work it would be for Eckhart to adapt The Fish to
> work system wide?

Indeed, that would be a great fix (if possible/done).  I also seem to
recall a few "bugs" with The Fish that caused problems, but I think that
was a early release.  I haven't tried it quite a while.  Also the only
encryption package I could find for something other than Notes was
Names.  SBM has a secret cards which allows encrypting of card data via
routing.

-Dan