[NTLK] Internal airport card =Sony card = AIBO wi-fi card.

Stephen Rudy srudy at cudc.org
Fri Aug 19 10:11:29 EDT 2011

One of the reasons these Sony cards are hard to find is that they are the same as the ones used in the Sony AIBO robotic dogs just with a different sticker slapped on 'em. The real AIBO Sony wi-fi cards are even harder to find so most folks use the Sony laptop card. Yes. The antenna is very svelt. I put my card in my mother-in-law's apple icebook maybe 6 years ago. I'm not sure where that laptop is and I'm not sure where the antenna is either (not required inside the laptop.) My mother-in-law is very "southern" I can recall her drawling, "Oh do you think the little robot dog will be mad that we put parts of him into my laptop? I sure hope not."