[NTLK] OT I need some advice on buying a Mac

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Feb 1 12:38:26 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 6:09 PM, L.W. Brown <lwb at mac.com> wrote:
> Based on budget, the (1) fastest, (2) most RAM, & (3) largest screen affordable, in that order.
> One way to save is to buy a Mac Mini, max it out, and get a PC-priced screen & keyboard.

The problem with the mini and PC-garden-grade stuff is that she needs
a decent monitor. If she already has a beautiful, pro-grade monitor,
then, yes, a Mini might be the way to go. Otherwise, for the most Mac
for the money, my money would be on an iMac. Hard to beat. And then,
your  three points work quite well. She'll have to hash that out with
her dad. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland