[NTLK] Inkwell Easter Eggs (Was: iOS Einstein)

Clinton Yelvington cyelvington at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 17:43:39 EST 2011

Larry,

I downloaded Inklet for my Mac today and tested the "egg egg egg" secret
with my pogo stylus and magic trackpad -- and it did indeed revive the old
Rosetta easter eggs. I tried "Rosetta! Rosetta! Rosetta!" and "larryy larryy
larryy" afterwards, and both worked. That's awesome you managed to hide that
from Apple so well. Seeing the old easter eggs brought a tear to my eye.

Sorry to necropost an old topic, but I just wanted to confirm that the eggs
are still there.

--Clinton
(Seldom poster, long-time lurker)
>Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 18:21:55 -0500
>From: Larry Yaeger <lsynt3 at beanblossom.in.us>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] iOS Einstein submitted to the Apple App Store
>To: newtontalk at newtontalk.net

>At 10:33 AM -0500 2/4/11, Griffin, Terence J. wrote:
>>Rosetta was partially included in OS X Jaguar as Inwell. Someone plugged
in a
>>Wacom tablet and discovered that the Newton Rosetta Easter egg was there
in
>>tact. I think it was removed in Tiger.

>Unless someone discovered and changed it after I left Apple (I don't have a
tablet at hand to test it), even once those eggs were "removed" (by direct
order), if you print "egg egg egg" (without the quotes) and it is
successfully >recognized as "egg egg egg", then all the old easter eggs are
revived. :)