[NTLK] OT PowerMac G4 500 Mhz AGP

Vladislav Korotnev vladkorotnev at mail.ru
Sun May 15 12:06:34 EDT 2011

> I just with there was a way to get NCU working on an Intel mac. so far I've been unsuccessful in getting NCU under W.I.N.E to work. I also cannot get Basilisk or SheepShaver to work with my Keyspan serial adapter or configure it to use the wireless card of my computer instead of NAT.

Better use a Windows 95-98-XP Virtual machine (I use virtualbox) instead of wine. It has full USB virtualization, so you'll be able to "plug" your adapter into the VM, just make sure there are drivers for the version of Windows you chose. Or try UnixNPI compiled on your Mac, or even NewTen. They are almost the same.
If you want, you may also try iPhoneNPI, but that would require you to make a cable for it and also you may need to make the Serial RS232 -> Newton cable to use it. I haven't tested it myself because I can't find out how to buy a 30pin connector from Sparkfun so it won't be lost by Russian Post (it's tiny and may get lost easily, I think). :P
Here's iPhoneNPI: http://github.com/vladkorotnev/iPhoneNPI .

Cheers!
~ Vladislav Korotnev
:P