[NTLK] eMate package installation woes

Becky Jay becky at creativejay.com
Wed Nov 9 09:18:16 EST 2011

Good morning everyone,

I first installed the Y2010 patch last night. Successful reboot after that.  And a new sound file. These were the first packages I ever installed on this little guy.

I tried then to install "NotesWordCount.pkg" into my eMate, which was successful but when clicked I was told "clicking this does nothing." (Helpful!)

I believe it is intended to work with Notes but something isn't obvious to me and I could find no guide for usage.

Then later I had to soft reset because Notes wouldn't open after I deleted the Word Count pkg.  Notes was fine after that.

Second Attempt - I downloaded Works Better (WB1_28.pkg), but when I tried to install the package from my laptop nothing happened, and attempting to install from the eMate end resulted in an "installing package" dialog box that still showed no progress after 20 minutes.

I read that WriteStuff may be a better choice for me (all I want is a word count without exporting Works and getting the count from MS Word), but I can't find a functioning source for the software.

Any advice from folks with experience would be appreciated!

I'm connecting a MacBook Pro running Mac OS 10.5 to an eMate 300 Newton OS 2.1 (73J186) using NCX and a 28X serial to USB adapter.

Becky