[NTLK] [ADMIN] Disabled Membership Messages

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Mon Sep 12 01:34:04 EDT 2011

Just a quick update.

I'm not sure what was going on earlier today, but dozens of NewtonTalk
members received messages that their accounts had been disabled. I
haven't been able to determine whether it was a spurious issue with
the mailing list software or a problem with Media Temple who host of
the NewtonTalk server. However, the error messages sent back to my
admin account seem to indicate that something in the Plesk control
panel at Media Template failed.

It looks like it was mostly Gmail, Yahoo, .Mac. MobileMe, and Hotmail
addresses that were affected ... but not all of them. In fact, my own
email account (which is a personal domain hosted at Bluehost) was
disabled as well.

I'm looking into the problem, but it's really a mystery as to why this
would have happened. In the meantime, I have gone through the entire
list membership and manually re-enabled all subscriptions.

g.

(Here's hoping this message makes it through.)

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian

http://splorp.com/newton
http://newtontalk.net