[NTLK] Message pad 130

Forrest Buffenmyer newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 18 01:35:34 EDT 2012

I have completely disassembled the machine, down to separating the display bezel and digitizer. There was some dirt which I carefully removed/brushed off with a fine camels's hair brush...I did a test just before the complete reassembly (this has saved me quite a bit of time in earlier repair efforts)...the Jaggies were gone, and I was very pleased!

HOWEVER...upon complete reassembly, they were (after all) still there. Another disassembly...but this time, I could not get rid of them.

I received this as a "bonus" unit with a MessagePad 2x00 years ago from eBay...it's in great shape, which leads me to believe it has never been right. The screen has nary a scratch, case is clean with no marks. The seller told me it worked, but somewhere along the way he lost the AAA battery holder and/or the rechargeable pack, but did supply the AC adapter. He didn't mention the Jaggies.

Since I have nothing invested, I'm not sure I want to purchase a digitizer for it. If I could get it working properly that could be another story...but with its limited capabilities (no Internet, smaller memory, no backlight) plus no battery pack or holder, it sounds like eBay auction material to me.

Anyone here have any interest?

Thanks,
-Forrest

Sent from my First Generation iPad