[NTLK] Weak sound on the MessagePad 100?

Tony Kan tonykan at xtra.co.nz
Thu Feb 23 19:20:45 EST 2012

[snip]
I, too, have had to learn that the only real solution for overpaying is to
exercise more restraint when bidding.  Not the easiest thing, I know, but
unless
the particular item you're bidding on is a handmade something-or-other,
chances
are good it's going to come up for sale again on eBay; there are relatively
few
genuine "one of a kind" items.  It helps to bear that in mind whenever you
suddenly find yourself getting excited about a particular auction (even one
for
a MessagePad).

My own rule is to wait at least 24 hours before making any given purchase.
I've
often found that a particular "must-have" item doesn't seem quite so
necessary
after I've mulled it over for a day or two.
[snip]

I find that I don't have the time to hang around to see the outcome of an
auction.

If it's something that is a nice to have I just bid slightly above the
minimum and let it run.

If it's something that I really, really want then I just use automatic
bidding, decide what the maximum is I'm pretty to pay and then put that in.

If I'm outbid then I don't have any regrets as it just wasn't worth that
much to me (even if they out bid me by a dollar!).

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand