[NTLK] [OT] NewtonTalk

Dennis Swaney romad at aol.com
Wed Feb 29 16:11:39 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 09:24, James Fraser <
wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Of course, it's only fair to confess to being old enough to remember a time
> before the Internet was so widespread and people corresponded with other
> people
> around the world via a medium known as "the post." Writing to someone via
> "the
> post" sometimes meant (depending on the geographical distance involved)
> replies
> could easily take a week to receive, and sometimes a good deal longer (no,
> really, it's true; the history books will back me up).

Indeed. One guy got so tired of it that he went and invented a high-tech
way to communicate faster. Let's see, what was his name again?  Ah, yes,
"Morse", Sam F.B. Morse to be exact. He named his device the "far writer",
or tele-graph.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis