[NTLK] Followup: I want to publish NewtonTalk since 2000 as text files and need some NewtonTalk digests

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Mon Jan 9 08:29:25 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Frank Gruendel <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:
> Is anybody aware of a freeware that will reliably remove all mail addresses
> from text files? If not, it would be a good opportunity to look into my new
> book "Teach yerself regular expressions in 10 minutes" :-)

Just search for the @ symbol, and change it to something else.
Although a GREP that covered everything between the @ and the next .
and wiped it out entirely would probably be better. This expression
will work, I think with all email addresses that don't have hyphenated
domains: @[[:alnum:]]+.[[:alnum:]]{1,4} Now, what to replace it
with... maybe "@(munged)" or something so people know that something
was removed.

I'm no GREP guru. I just use NisusWriter Pro's PowerFind, and convert
that to a regular expression. Gotta love Nisus. ;-)
--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"...earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the
saints." --Jude 3