[NTLK] Samsung Note II w/stylus reviewed

Ed Kummel tech_ed at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 02:40:17 EDT 2012

I have, and have used the Samsung Note 1 now since may of 2012. Honestly? It's a great device. But it's no Newton replacement. Primarily, the handwriting is only an afterthought. The device is not designed around handwriting. As such, you are limited to writing recognizable text in a small predetermined area in a letter-by-letter fashion, similar to the way Grafitti was implemented. Honestly, I don't use the pen much...where as the Newton is a device I used for creating documents and schedules, the Note (and really, all smartphones) is nothing more than a consumption device. It grabs my schedule from gmail or Exchange, and it is a window to cloud services or copies of documents. I really don't use it to create anything other than pictures really....
Ed
web/gadget guru

"Don't you think that Secular Humanism is yummy?"
     -Allison in Bedazzaled the movie