[NTLK] (no subject)

Frank Gruendel newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Sat Sep 15 19:12:07 EDT 2012

> And I agree $50 is too much for something I have to purchase several times
for each device.
> If I bought a copy for each newton I have, I would be paying over $300.

Not necessarily. Not if you want to use the software on a second Newton
because the first one gave up the ghost.

The Newton's hardware ID is stored in a chip on the mainboard. I haven't
done this yet, but I don't think it would be all that difficult to remove
this chip from a dead Newton's mainboard and solder it on a working
mainboard. That way ALL your registered software would continue working
without any additional expenses.

Cheers

Frank