[NTLK] That recent spam message marked "hello!" from "john wallace"

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 09:08:03 EST 2013

Hello,

--- On Fri, 2/1/13, Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, I found it interesting to look at the pattern I
> think I see, and I assume it means that once again, Yahoo¹s refusal to
> co-operate adequately with customers in locking things down has
> resulted in a massive seize-and-spam operation by some drongo who
> thinks annoying people is a good way to make money.

Hasn't Yahoo always been considered more or less a spamhaus?

If Yahoo ever put serious effort into busting spammers and working with end users to lock down their accounts, I can't say I'm familiar with what they did.  Were they, at some point, actually in earnest about cleaning up their act?

Best,

James Fraser