[NTLK] Oil in Newton.. LOL

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 08:09:02 EST 2013

Hello,

--- On Fri, 1/11/13, Morgan Aldridge <morgant at makkintosshu.com> wrote:

> So, yeah, it really made my day to see the British computer
> joke on NTLK since I see it frequently on LRO (Land Rover Owners).
> What a great, diverse community we are!

Since you've mentioned Land Rovers, I have to ask.  Is this:

http://www.amug.org/%7Ejthomas/for.html (NB: adult language)

...story notorious in the Land/Range Rover community?  Or is it relatively unknown?

"This vehicle will rival the Exxon Valdez for loss of oil." And that complaint is actually far down on the list of things that went wrong with the vehicle (which apparently had SIX [count em'] recalls on it).

I ask because it is easily one of the worst "bad car" stories I have ever heard (and one of the few instances where a dealership extended warranty on a vehicle was actually a good deal rather than the usual ripoff).

Best,

James Fraser