[NTLK] Can anyone flash a Wavelan card for me for about $10?

Noah Leon moosefuel at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 14 16:19:35 EDT 2013

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. I did try setting up my router's MAC address
settings to only allow our own devices, and that worked for a while.
However, we have a lot of WiFi devices now, plus visitors, so it's not
practical anymore (our router has a limit on the number of MAC addresses).
The WEP isn't great protection, but it keeps the nosy neighbours out. I
check the logs once in a while to see if there are any strange MAC
addresses accessing our network. So far nothing.

I would be totally OK with purchasing a card from someone if they are not
using it, as well. Eventually I'd like to get a phone plan that allows
"tethering," and I could get my newt back online that way. However, that
won't allow for any syncing with my iMac.

I just would like to continue using the newt as a note-taking machine. I
tried the Galaxy Note 8 at my local store, and while the HWR is pretty
good, the interface is still obviously not quite designed to be a better
"paper", the way a Newt is, so I figured I'd stick with what I enjoy using.

noah