[NTLK] Can anyone flash a Wavelan card for me for about $10?

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Sun Jun 16 23:06:00 EDT 2013

If you still haven't gotten any response you can mail your card to me. I own a Dell laptop with a PCMCIA slot. I have flashed one of my cards in the past and was unable to flash another so my odds of success are 50 / 50 with no guarantees.

I would also like to point out that eBay has various Orinoco and Lucent WaveLAN Gold cards for about $10 and $12 that include free shipping. At that price I would even buy two.

Contact me off list if you're still interested in having me flash your WaveLAN and I will send you my address.

As far as WEP 40 vs WEP 128, using two NAT Routers to isolate insecure WiFi connections is still the best way to secure your network.

See:

<http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk&w=2&r=1&s=Two-Legged_NAT&q=b>

Ron

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
   |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM