[NTLK] was: Firstly, hello! now: battery packs

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 23:36:51 EST 2013

Hello,

--- On Wed, 2/27/13, Gene Beaird <bgbeaird at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I tried rechargeable AAs many years ago when the battery pack
> in my wife's 2100 quit holding a charge and found them to be
> barely better than just leaving the Newt plugged in all the
> time.

Agreed: up until relatively recently, rechargeable batteries (or at least those of the NiMH variety) weren't that great because of the self-discharge problem.  However, with the introduction of Eneloops a while back, I think the rechargeable battery has finally hit its stride for relatively angst-free everyday use.

With any luck, you'll have a good experience with them yourself.

> With this new info, I'll go locate a set of these Eneloops
> and see how they work, since my wife's 2100 again (on a
> replacement rechargeable pack) is not holding a charge much
> over a couple of days sitting off the charger.

Sorry, when you say "replacement rechargeable pack," are you still using the original Apple rechargeable battery packs (i.e the packs you own have not been re-celled)?

I ask because you might be able to help clear up a minor mystery.

Best,

James Fraser