[NTLK] Einstein-Windows--any other potential users out there?

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Wed Nov 13 15:27:14 EST 2013

On 13.11.2013, at 20:00, Dan <dan at dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:

> I am also not a developer, but would be willing to test and send bug
> reports.  I was wondering about the status of this and last I heard it
> either ran really really really slow after 10 minutes of useage...

That issue was fixed in 2009.

> or just crashed on boot.

This is often related to wrong ROMs, sometimes just providing the debug image which by itself is not a ROM. Granted, we really should do a checksum test before launch to avoid crashing.

> I don't have a Mac so I can't say how well it works on that.  I have
> been thinking I could possibly run OS X under VirtualBox, probably would
> be a lot of tricking to get it work then run Einstein on that.  But then
> we are talking two virtual machines, and another layer of complexity
> would make it more difficult to track down issues so probably not worth
> it.

Don't!

>  But if anyone  has done this, or knows of someone that has, by all
> means let me know. :)

Considering the time you would have to spend on this, it would be eaisier to buy a Mac ;-)

But the Windows version should work. As I said, I can't verify that though.