[NTLK] In search of a particular piece of old mac software...

Simon Stapleton simon.stapleton at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 13:45:50 EDT 2014

An update, for them as what care.

I eventually managed to get hold of a clutch of old Wacom disks and images thereof.  And, with a certain amount of reverse-engineering (including writing the tools to do it), I now have a fully working* adb-usb converter for the intuos tablets, which masquerades as an “equivalent” Intuos 2, allowing use of more-or-less recent official wacom drivers.

Code here : http://www.github.com/tufty/adb-intuos

And a significant quantity of word salad here :

http://stm8sdiscovery.blogspot.fr/2014/04/resurrecting-wacoms-adb-connected.html
http://stm8sdiscovery.blogspot.fr/2014/04/intuos-tablet-resurrection-story-and.html

So, that’s another bit of old tech unsteved.

Simon

* as in “works for me”, certainly supports my GD-0608-A with standard pen and 4D mouse, equally certainly doesn’t handle any of the other tools (the converter will, in the presence of another tool, hang itself and blink its LED forlornly).