[NTLK] Battery life w/ Einstein

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 12:50:46 EDT 2014

~~~ On 2014/04/17 20:42, Mr Jonathan Dueck at jonathandueck at yahoo.com wrote
~~~

> Hi, all!
> I'm curious: is anyone using Einstein as a "daily driver" on their Android,
> iOS device, or Windows/Linux tablet? I keep imagining trying this out, but
> haven't taken the plunge yet--beyond installing Einstein and fiddling with it
> a little on my phone & Mac. But if you've tried it out as your go-to
> scheduling / note-taking etc. device, and have thoughts on usability or on
> battery life, I'd love to hear it!
> -Jon

I'll second the interest in this question.  I've recently upgraded my phone
to a Samsung Note 3.  It comes with a stylus and it makes a real attempt at
making sense of one's handwriting.  If I'd never used my MP2100 I probably
would think it was pretty good, but after the Newton, it just feels so
ignorant.  It can't be taught to recognize handwriting, it doesn't always
recognize spaces between words, it insists on making the same mistakes over
and over even with the commonest words (again, not learning), and not all
apes can be relied upon to do the same thing with written input.

I guess I'll need to put up with the handset a little longer since I can't
really afford to change it, but if I at least could somehow make this phone
Newtonian next time I replace it, that would give me something to look
forward to.

Shalom,

Christian

~~~ ~~~ ~~~