[NTLK] Nickel-Zinc batteries in a Newton?

Aaron Brigati abrigati at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 17:34:59 EDT 2014

Has anyone tried using nickel-zinc (NiZn) batteries in a Newton, in the AA tray? They're 1.6 volts 2500 mAh. They ought to run quite a while.

I don't think the 1.6 volts versus the 1.5 volts of a disposable would be an issue. Alkaline AA voltage is fairly variable anyway.

(I thought we'd had a thread about this at some point, but I didn't find it searching the archives.)

Obviously we couldn't recell a Newton pack with the NiZns, because they need a special charger, but these might be an ideal battery otherwise.