[NTLK] New Newton Server

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Wed Jul 8 10:33:14 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 1:54 AM, Greg Goodwin <drclu at swbell.net> wrote:
> The age old problem:
> you get the local firewall (AT&T) to allow a pin hole for a particular IP and even allows a HTTPS server.   It gives you a outside IP to use.
>
> You get a NO-IP domain, you add the outside IP to it.
>
> Here locally I can see it with the NO-IP domain, but people outside my domain can't see it.

Well, let's see if we can help you troubleshoot it.

First, oasisnewt.ddns.net currently resolves to 99.88.169.88 which is
a public AT&T IP address, so your NO-IP domain is configured
correctly. If you visit
<https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+my+ip+address> from another
computer on your local network, does it show that same IP address as
your public IP address?

Above you mentioned opening up the HTTPS port in your AT&T firewall.
HTTPS uses port 443, but NPDS only supports HTTP (port 80), so you'd
want to make sure you open the latter. Have you given your Newton a
static IP address on your local network and set up port forwarding for
port 80 (HTTP) in your firewall to that local IP address.

Hope we can help you get it working.

--
Morgan
---