[NTLK] rectmap2.exe for GPS Lite

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Mon Sep 28 16:08:11 EDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Scott Ticknor <ticknor at me.com> wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> I am trying to follow along with this map making tutorial <http://santamatt.blogspot.ca/2009/06/how-i-make-maps-for-my-newton.html <http://santamatt.blogspot.ca/2009/06/how-i-make-maps-for-my-newton.html>> The authour references the “Rectmap2.exe” utility but I cannot seem to find this anywhere. It is not in the UNNA GPSMap archive. I downloaded an Internet Archive version of GPS Map Lite from Tucows (remember that!?) but it does not contain the utility either. Has anyone seen it around?

It looks like the RECTMAP1.EXE & RECTMAP2.EXE are found in the "Map
Preparations Package 1.5" for Windows 95/NT (the Mac equivalents in
the Macintosh version). This package can be downloaded from UNNA's
mirror of the original site (browse to the bottom of the downloads
page):

<http://mirrors.unna.org/www.soaring.de/gps/Start_e.html>

Hope that helps. Interested to hear how your mapping project goes.

--
Morgan
---