[NTLK] How bright is a (well-preserved) eMate's backlight?

Tony Kan tonykan at xtra.co.nz
Fri Apr 7 01:02:11 EDT 2017

Hi Nick

Welcome.  A new backlight should be reasonably bright and distinct in a
normally lit room but your normal could be different from my normal.  Normal
means a 100W incandescent bulb hanging 5-6 feet above the eMate with no
other lighting.  Incidentally I try not to have my backlight on at all
because I know that it will degrade with use.

For this reason I use the Casual font and rely on ambient light and the
contrast between the characters and the grey background for readability.  I
only use the backlight in a dimly lit room.  If I print a document, I switch
to a font that is less profligate on toner.

HTH

Tony

Christchurch
New Zealand