[NTLK] Restarting Newton development?!

Steven Frank stevenf at panic.com
Sat Aug 11 17:25:42 EDT 2018

Checking out some hardware, the official 7” touchscreen for the Raspberry Pi in this plastic case looks kind of Newton-like, until you turn it sideways. :)  But the Pi-bulge does act as a stand in landscape orientation.

https://stevenf.com/gfx/rpi-screen1.jpg

https://stevenf.com/gfx/rpi-screen2.jpg

Those USB cables hanging out are for power. The Pi shows an undervolt warning if I use only one connected from the 2.1A output of my battery pack. But the pack has 2 outputs, and if I use the lower current one for the Pi and the higher current one for the display, it seems happy.

Screen is ok quality for the price. What a mess the whole thing is to look at though. :)

Steven, via iPhone