[NTLK] Regarding the internet navigation thing

Abraham Limpo abraham at familialimpo.net
Fri Feb 2 18:30:24 EST 2018

> While the documents claim that the Newton can go up to 230400, I've found
> that it really only goes up to 115200.  You can test this by requesting a
> 230400 baud rate on the Newton, and you should be able to communicate with
> the host set to 115200.

Well, i tested the serial speed with a PC port for diagnostics, not
directly with the newton. In theory, the serial chip can reach 250k, but
depends of how well you keep to specs. With my prototype made with cheap
caps and wide solder traces I can reach 36k easily, but starts working less
reliably at 56k. That will improve once I finalise testing the prototype
and order real boards with copper traces :)