[NTLK] Recell Emate Batteries

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 15:16:57 EST 2018

> This holder have almost perfect dimensions. So, we only need 4x NiMH
batteries to put inside, mount thermistor somewhere between NiMH batteries,
and solder ?positive? and ?negative? cables to pins on original white
connector. Piece of cake.

That's a cool battery holder!

I recently redid an emate battery using IKEA NIMH batteries, it works very
well, I only used strong tape to hold the connections onto the battery, and
to wrap it. Removing the contacts from the original batteries took a little
bit of time since I was careful not to break them, and I fixed the hinge at
the same time so that took a lot longer, but I am very happy with the
result, the batteries are still working very well, they charge and provide
a really lengthy run-time. They don't come loose when the eMate is jostled.
I think the repair is not difficult, but expect to spend an hour on it.

noah

--
Sent from Noah's Personal Gmail Account