[NTLK] Newton Connection Tools 1.1

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Thu Sep 27 13:45:13 EDT 2018

> Awhile back he gave it away as donation-ware by donating to UNNA/the list.
> When that was confirmed he sent you a license key which will only work
with the one newton.
> If you try to use it with a different one, it will refuse.
> I always wished he removed that aspect as if the one newton dies, you
can't use it with another
> until you can get a new license (if he is still around to give them).

Strictly speaking that's not exactly true. The Newton ID lives in a chip on
the main logic board. I haven't done this yet, but I think it wouldn't be
all that difficult to put the chip from the dead Newton into the working
one. This would not only fix the Newton Connection Tools problem, but also
the problems caused by other software that's using the same licensing
system.

Frank